COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST (CLAT)-2016 Organising by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab on 8th May 2016 (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm). Common Law Admission Test is a national level examination and 17 National Law universities accept CLAT throughout India. The CLAT 2016 online applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Programmes for the academic session 2016-17. The eligible and interested candidates may apply for CLAT 2016 through online on or before last date 31st March 2016
CLAT 2016 Admit Card | Shortlist Download online
Commencement of submission of online Application Form: 1st Jan. 2016
Last date for submission of duly filled in Online Application Form: 31st March 2016 (11:59 pm)
Date of CLAT-2016 Online Examination: 8th May 2016 (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
Important Notes – CLAT Examination
- CLAT full form for Common Law Admission Test, is a National level examination
- The CLAT 2016 Online Test conducting by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
- There are 17 National Law Universities participating with CLAT
- UG / PG Law Courses admissions will be made based on CLAT Merit
- Intermediate (10 + 2) with 50% qualified candidates are eligible for CLAT
- CLAT Question paper questions will come from English Syllabus, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics (Numerical Ability), Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning
- CLAT Question paper Pattern is, the paper contain 200 MCQ type questions, each correct answer carried one mark.
- There will apply negative marking system as every incorrect answer 1/4th marks will be deducted
- Through CLAT Merit every academic year 2190 seats distributed among the16 participating NLUs
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2015 year there are 39686 candidates enrolled for the CLAT Test 2016 out of which 37358 candidates appeared for the admission test.
Note: Participating NLUs offer five-year integrated Under Graduate courses of law leading to the award of Bachelor’s Degree in Law, as per their respective nomenclature.
CLAT 2016 Online Application Eligibility
Under-Graduate Programme (Five Year Integrated BALL.B. (Hons.) Course)
- The applicant for must Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of (45 % Marks for General / OBC & 40% for SC/ST category).
- A candidate appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2016 is also eligible to apply.
- There is no Age Limit for CLAT-2016
Post-Graduate Programme (One Year LL.M. Course)
- Applicants must passed LL.B. or equivalent degree examination with a minimum of 55% marks for General/OBC and 50% in case of SC / ST category.
- A candidate appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2016 is also eligible to apply
CLAT 2016 Application fee
Online Application Fee (for Under-Graduate/ Post-Graduate Programme)
(i) Rs. 4000/- for General / OBC / Specially abled Persons (SAP) candidates
(ii) Rs. 3500/- for SC/ST candidates
How to apply :
The eligible and interested candidates can apply through online official website at www.clat.ac.in
Indian Nationals/NRIs seeking admission in either of the UG/PG courses must appear in CLAT-2016 (Online Examination) Foreign Nationals need not take the test.
CLAT Question Paper Matrix / Structure
|English (including comprehension)||40 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics||20 marks|
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||50 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 marks|
|Legal Reasoning||50 marks|
Participating National Law Universities
|National Law School of India University. Bangalore||NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad|
|The National Law Institute University. Bhopal||West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata|
|National Law University. Jodhpur||Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur|
|Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar||Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya NLU. Lucknow|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law. Punjab. Patiala||Chanakya National Law University, Patna|
|The National University Of Advanced Legal Studies. Kochi||National Law University. Odisha. Cuttack|
|National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi||NLU and Judicial Academy, Assam. Guwahati|
|Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam||The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirapalli|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai|
For more details visit www.clat.ac.in
Leave a Reply