All the related candidates who participated and qualified for Vishwavidyalaya Entrance test 2018 in Department of Library & Information Science; you are suggested to check the counselling schedule, seat availability, counselling and admission procedure at below.
Department of Library & Information Science
all applicants that counselling for admission to following programmes will be held on 09 July 2018 (Tentatively) onwards (revised) as per schedule given below:
Courses & Counselling Date
|Sr. No.||Name of the Course||No. of Seat||Date of Counselling|
|For 2014 Year||For 2018 Year|
|1||Five Years Intesrated UG/PG Programmes||60||9th July 2014||In July 2018|
|2||B.Lib.l.Sc. (1 year 2 semesters)||60||10th July 2014||In July 2018|
|3||M.Lib.l,Sc. (1 Year 2 semesters)||50||11th July 2014||In July 2018|
Reporting to the Department (Room No-68, WING B, UTD Building) : 9.30 AM
Verification of Documents: 10.00 AM to 1.30 PM
Issue of Challan for fee deposit: 10.30 AM onwards
Documents should be submit at the time of admission
1. 10th & 12th class mark sheet.
2. Proof of Age.
3. TC/CC/Migration (only original is accepted)
4. 02 recent passport size photographs
5. Valid Caste certificate (if required)
6. Income certificate (for proof of OBC non-creamy layer category)
7. Gap certificate in the form of affidavit in original (as applicable)
8. Mark sheet of qualifying examination
9. Undertaking of Anti-ragging from candidate/Guardian (to be provided by the office)
Important Note :
1. Amount of Fee shall be as given in admission brochure
2. Relaxation in upper age-limit/ reservation of seats will be as per GOI / UGC / Vishwavidyalaya rules
3. Mere call for counselling does not ensure admission. Admission is strictly subject to satisfying eligibility conditions as given in admission brochure.
4. Working hrs of the university is 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM (Bank closing 4.00 PM)
5. All photocopies to be submitted should be self-attested
About: Department of Library & Information Science
Head: Dr. Brajesh Tiwari
The Department of Library & Information Science, established on 27 September 1985, is one of the oldest departments of its kind in the region, providing knowledge to a broad audience of people who need it, with a motto to empower them with modern skills and competencies. We aim to provide an education in a student friendly manner, so that they become motivated for the betterment of their peers and society as a whole. Up-to-date syllabus, functional library equipped with a broad collection of the relevant scientific literature, and fully equipped laboratory are among our major strengths through which we deliver and disseminate knowledge. We have developed an environment where students are becoming eager to participate in various symposia and congresses and share their views and experiences with fellow members. Through highly motivated faculties and their dedication we aim to serve as a model for our students, inculcating in them an attitude towards spreading the knowledge and giving back to the community.
|Courses offered||Course code||# Seats||Duration||Eligibility for admission|
|B.Lib. & Inf. Sc.||203||60||2 Semester||Through VET, Min. 50% aggregate at Graduation or Post Graduation from any recognized university/ institution|
|M.Lib. & Inf. Sc||327||50||2 Semester||Through VET, B.Lib. & Inf. Sc. with 50% marks from any recognized university / institution|
List of M.Lib., B.Lib & I.Sc., and Integrated UG/PG in Library Science [01.07.14] Revised (2018-19 Year Results update soon)
Course: Master of Library & Information Science
Course: Bachelor of Library & Information Science
Course: Five Year Integrated UG/PG in Library Science
Declaration of Results: 02 June 2018
Counselling (For VET): 01 July 2018
Last date of Admission (For VET): 15 July 2018
For any queries regarding above topic, please ask us through below comment session (or) direct contact through below given contact details.
Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya
Bilaspur (C.G.) 495 009 India
Phone: 07752-260283 (Off) 07752-260283